The Management & Staff of Erina Rugby League Football Club are committed to the “Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy” as follows:
- No alcohol is to be served to minors (persons under the age of 18 years old);
- This Club will not run Promotions that encourage intoxication or binge drinking;
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted entry to our Club;
- Intoxicated persons will be refused liquor service and escorted from the premises;
- The Club takes on a duty of care to ensure these policies are maintained in the best interest of patrons, staff & the impact our responsible service will have on our community neighbours
For more information on the above, please contact us directly on 02 4365 2233.
New Law introduced as of the 1st July 2008
Liquor Act 2007, Section 77
A person may be ejected or refused entry to our premises if they are:
- smoking in smoke-free areas
- suspected of possessing a prohibited drug, or
- behaving in a way that causes the licensee to commit an offence under the liquor laws.
When asked, the person is required by law to:
- leave the venue immediately, and
- leave the vicinity of the premises by moving more than 50 metres away, unless they have a reasonable excuse (see below).
The person must not re-enter or attempt to re-enter the premises within 24 hours, and must not re-enter the 50 metre vicinity within 6 hours.
A person who fails to comply commits an offence. They may be issued with a $550 penalty notice. The maximum court penalty is $5,500.
When ejecting a person, please ensure that you provide them with the following information:
You are required by law to move more than 50 metres away from our premises. You cannot return to our venue for at least 24 hours. You are not permitted to re-enter the vicinity within 6 hours. If you fail to comply you commit an offence and police may take action.
A reasonable excuse for remaining within the 50 metre vicinity is limited to:
- obtaining transport
- residing within the vicinity, or
- the person has fears for their safety if they leave the vicinity.